Jena Malone Talks ‘Mockingjay’ With Cosmo, “I’ve only been working two days a month.”
You just finished shooting Inherent Vice, and you’re still working on Mockingjay. How do you also find time to work on your music?
It’s been a blessing, because with Hunger Games I have a lot of time off. I’ve only been working maybe like two days a month on that, so I’ve had all this time where I can’t even really be looking for projects, and I have a lot of space to work on the music.
Have you and your Hunger Games cast mates ever gone out and done karaoke together?
No, I think we’ve done more stuff on set that’s like, for annoyance value. It’s not necessarily for pleasure of singing. When we run out of ways to annoy each other, we start using music to up the ante. I mean, Jennifer Lawrence, you never know what’s coming out of her mouth. Sometimes she’s like, singing a song, and then we’re all singing. It’s kind of all over the place.
What do you think about all the comparisons between The Hunger Games and Divergent?
I have neither read nor seen Divergent. I basically take all of my pop-culture phenomenon recommendations from my sister, who’s 16, and she didn’t recommend it, so I stayed away. She pumps me full of popular knowledge, which is an incredible thing to have. I’m almost 30, so I’m like, “I don’t know, is this popular?”
How does it feel to have an action figure of yourself?
There isn’t one of Johanna! The one that’s out there was made by a fan. [When I saw it] I called Lionsgate and I was like, “What?! You didn’t tell me!” But they never made one. I was so mad. I feel like I’m the lonely kid in the corner that just wants to have an action figure.
They should do a Johanna Barbie to go with the Katniss one.
I know! That’s what I’m saying. Trust me, I’ve tried. I feel like they could just make one, for me. I’d have to get some fan support.
So are you Team Peeta or Team Gale?
Oh, I’m Team Katniss.
If Johanna and Katniss got in a fight, who would win?
I mean, obviously Johanna would win. I’m not allowed to win. I would have to lose the fight, because I have to keep her alive. So Katniss would win, but only because I would let her.
- rosiemh likes this
- maleficent-iz-key likes this
- lckci likes this
- josesoler likes this
- fada-da-floresta likes this
- ahardshipper reblogged this from panempropaganda
- ahardshipper likes this
- bigbird120 likes this
- ajdracarys likes this
- txeni likes this
- thewothanescouncil1313 reblogged this from panempropaganda
- thebiaforever likes this
- your-smile-makes-me-strong likes this
- noeldrm likes this
- theymademedoittoo likes this
- its-me-2006 likes this
- pium-pium-die reblogged this from panempropaganda
- bloomingdaisymae reblogged this from panempropaganda
- marauhders reblogged this from mythaelogy
- mako-reaper likes this
- mako-reaper reblogged this from deadrabbithopes
- deadrabbithopes reblogged this from johannabaeson
- the-fault-in-our-divergent reblogged this from fuckyeahthehungergames
- itstotallynotokay likes this
- noozealand reblogged this from fuckingplebe
- catchingbubbles likes this
- fosteryourdreams likes this
- annalisamartiniello likes this
- shadowxxx132 reblogged this from panempropaganda
- dahliapetals likes this
- thewinteravenger reblogged this from panempropaganda
- thewinteravenger likes this
- bastille-me likes this
- myrealcrushwaslouist likes this
- strandednindiana reblogged this from fuckyeahthehungergames
- iamadancingzombie likes this
- lovehatelustlies reblogged this from panempropaganda
- lovehatelustlies likes this
- muss-weitergehen-jeden-tag likes this
- sammypongo reblogged this from tamtam-malikov
- tamtam-malikov reblogged this from thejonisseverson
- emotionallytetheredstydia likes this
- kaleidoscopeyes reblogged this from fuckyeahthehungergames
- strawberrymadame likes this
- kalyx likes this
- iwanttobe-asuperhero likes this
- cumberbitchykitten reblogged this from thosefinelines
- cumberbitchykitten likes this
- herduchess likes this